Sunday 20 September 2009

How To: Ram Race

I made this video yesterday for brewfest.



Here is the optimal route for both the Alliance and the Horde, with the apple barrels marked. Despite minor changes to the positioning this year, Horde still have the other end of the stick when it comes to maximizing token gain. However it should be simple enough to get tokens for everything you want so it's not a game breaking concern.


UPDATE: It turns out you can just jump over the barrels. The removal of fatigue isn't detected through collision, so jumping over them will reduce chance of getting stuck in an apple barrel, and will improve your time as a result.

Also it turns out I helped a guild member through the video, he didn't know about the apple barrels at all. I'm really glad to get feedback like this.

UPDATE (2): I managed 18 laps now, probably room for one more. I've changed my route slightly, and ignored barrel 3 on the return trip and just make a beeline over the hill to barrel 2. Fastest lap was around 40 seconds.



UPDATE (3): How To: Ram Racing v2.0!

2 comments:

  1. It can only be done every 18 hours, said by Blizz themself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the video - don't know if you saw, but I left a comment on the YouTube site (sapsey72). It's so good, I sat and watched it again. I'm about to Twitter about it and I shared it on FB! It is absolutely the most perfect marriage of visual and audio as I've seen in a while. I don't know why it had such an effect on me, but hey - good job!! :-)

    ReplyDelete